Project: Dragon Games
This year, we are working exclusively with Bertha Sadler Means Young Women’s Leadership Academy, an all-girls middle school in east Austin. Our program, in collaboration with AISD curriculum specialists, teachers, and administrators, will create extensive games-based STEM and SEL programming for the 2018-2019 school year.
- STEM & SEL programming will be provided throughout the year
- Games-based learning enrichment activities
- Games, Equipment, Facilitation and Teacher support including the presence of Let’s Play staff on campus multiple days a week
- Career and Technology Demos where professional women from the Video Games industry and Tech industry tell the girls about their work, their tools, and have them create something together.
- Dragon Arcade Game Demo at Back-to-school night. Students will see new 2D, 3D, VR and AR games made by local developers, education companies, and marketing and technology companies.
- Dragon Hack Hack-a-thon focused on cyber security where teams of students will create interactive learning tools to help their fellow students be safe online, particularly in online gaming spaces.
- Dragon Jam or what is known to developers as a Game Jam. Teams of girls will work through the CTE department, with mentors from the gaming industry, to create their own games.
If you or your company would like more information about sponsoring part of Project: Dragon Games, please contact our Director, email@example.com