5 minute Interactive about growth mindset
Class Identity – Supporting each other’s hopes & dreams
The Light Ahead, by Carol Mertz
Resilience, or the ability to overcome difficulties, is a big part of how we achieve our goals. It is one of the most important characteristics of those able to achieve great personal and professional success.
The Light Ahead by Carol Mertz, is a game about what it feels like to move through challenging times.
How To Play
- Click on the link
- Wait for the page to load (it takes 20-30 seconds).
- Click inside the black box, and maybe switch to full screen (it’s nice that way).
- Move your character to the right. Just push the > arrow key. That’s it!
- Where does the game begin? In the dark or in the light?
- How many times is the woman lost in darkness?
- What are some of the emotions she experiences when she is in the dark?
- If you keep moving her forward, through the darkness, what happens?
- DESIGN DETAILS! Did you notice that the woman changes? What does she look like in the dark? What does she look like in the light? Why do you think the designer of this game did that?
If you are moving through a “dark” time, what are some things you can do to help make it easier?
If a classmate is struggling in a dark time, what are some things you can do to help encourage them?